How do I sign up?
- Sign up to the site by clicking on the ‘Sign In’ button and selecting ‘Register’
- Choose a username and password
- Provide a valid email address, your name, and postal code
- You will receive an email to validate your email address
- Return to the website and click the 'Sign In' button
Note: your comments will appear under your username and you can comment anonymously through a username of your choice.
How do I provide input?
Your input can be submitted using the online options that are relevant to each of the projects that are currently open for consultation.
Note: in order to provide input you need to be signed in.
Why is the City of Greater Sudbury using an online public engagement platform?
Traditional public consultation usually involves attending public meetings, open houses or providing written submissions to Council, and this can often be time consuming, inconvenient and sometimes intimidating. Using an online engagement platform is an effective way for the City of Greater Sudbury to reach more residents and to give residents an opportunity to bring ideas forward and have their say on issues that are important to them.
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community.
Why do I need to register to this site to provide input?
We ask you to sign up for the online platform for a few reasons.
- It helps to minimize the chance of the debate being manipulated by someone leaving many comments supporting in support of a position.
- It allows us to update residents if there are changes about the consultation or project.
Can I use this site anonymously?
Yes, you can use this website anonymously. Even when you register and post comments, your anonymity is protected because you are identified by your chosen username.
Bang the Table Pty Ltd hosts this website on behalf of City of Greater Sudbury and will not reveal the identities of account holders to the City of Greater Sudbury. Any communication will always come to you via this website so your email address is not revealed unless you choose to email the City of Greater Sudbury directly.
What happens to my input?
All comments, ideas and suggestions are collated and used by the relevant project manager to inform the development of strategies, programs and activities, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Input provided online is used in collaboration with other face-to-face consultation activities such as meetings, public information centres, surveys and other similar activities.
Note: All comments made through Over to You become public records.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is protected and the City will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any other purpose.
Who can I contact about Over to You?
Over to You is coordinated by the City of Greater Sudbury Communications and Community Engagement Division.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com.
If you have a question regarding a specific project currently open for consultation, please contact the relevant project manager. Their contact details can be found in the Project Team section for each project.
How is the site moderated?
All public comments within discussion forums, guest books and questions and answers are moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for inappropriate language, comments that disrespect other participants and for comments that are off topic.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table for the City of Greater Sudbury. Moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately and the person who posted the comment is advised by email. Please refer to the Moderation Policy.