Category Top 10 Tips for Wellness Show all
10 Tips for Wellness
Top 10 Tips for Wellness
- Wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your face and limit non-essential travel.
- Your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner is there for you. Call for your health care needs. Don’t worry if you think it’s a small problem. It’s better to catch things before they become bigger.
- The Emergency Department is still open at the hospital for all medical emergencies.
- Home care services are still open for business.
- Take your prescription medications. If you can’t visit the pharmacy for refills, delivery is available.
- Eat well. If you can’t visit a grocery store, shopping and delivery are available. Drink lots of water and other caffeine-free beverages.
- Get enough sleep. Try not to watch the news too much if you find it upsetting. Get your information from reliable sources.
- Be creative. Paint, draw, bake, sing, read or rediscover a hobby like knitting or puzzles.
- Get some fresh air on your balcony, in your yard, walk around the neighbourhood or sit beside an open window.
- Stay in touch with family and friends by phone, mail or online if you use a computer. Schedule regular calls and try to talk to at least two people each day.